Acacia senegal is a tree that grows wild and naturally in arid regions of Somalia, Kenya, Ethiopia and Tanzania. It produces a sap which hardens into a natural organic gum. The tree can produce the gum from three years up to twenty five years of age and the Gum Arabic produced by Acacia senegal is often referred to as Gum Hashab. The gum is 100% Wildly Organic and Wildly Harvested.
The trees of Acacia senegal grow under extreme climatic conditions in Eastern Africa and the Gum Arabic exudate is collected naturally from the stem of the tree. The exudate hardens into the Gum Arabic and Nagaad Resins and Gums, in collaboration with the local communities, harvests the gum for further processing and sales.
The Gum Arabic from Acacia senegal is a superior product and being edible and soluble in water it is used primarily as a stabilizer in the food industry. The gum also has a wide range of industrial applications such as use in the production of paints, inks, cosmetics, glue, and viscosity control in textile industries.
Acacia senegal is also highly valued for its medicinal properties and used to predict blood serum, reduce cholesterol in blood, protect against heart diseases, reduce gut inflammations, and is even used as an analgesic.
This product is free from any contaminates as analysed by our laboratory facilities. It is 100% organic as the trees grow naturally and wildly.
Food and beverage additive, emulsifier and stabilizer, soft drink syrups and candy manufacture, lick-able adhesives, binder in water color paint, pharmaceutical drugs and cosmetics. It is also used to relieve pain and irritation, wound healing, promote oral health, body fat reduction, and as a pro-biotic to promote good bacteria in the intestines.
- Dermal Use – Frereana can be very beneficial when applied over the skin. Dilute with a carrier oil before applying.
- Inhalation – Place 2-4 drops on a cloth, or in a diffuser. Alternatively add 1 or 2 drops in a bowl of boiling water and drape a towel across your head and shoulders and inhale the vapours for a few minutes.
- For Oral use 3–6 drops of essential oil per 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of carrier oil for adults. This is considered a 2–4% dilution. For children, use 1 drop of essential oil per 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of carrier oil, which is a 1% dilution.
Contraindications & Cautions
- Discuss with your physician before using gums arabica
- Keep out of reach of children
- For internal use please consult your physician
- Not to be used during pregnancy
- Not to be used when breastfeeding
- Avoid diffusing close to babies
- Gums arabica may decrease the effectiveness of some blood thinning drugs
- Gums arabica may decrease the effectiveness of some cholesterol lowering drugs
- For very sensitive skin it is best to dilute in a carrier oil
- The oil is slightly flammable and should be stored in a cool place away from naked flames