Acacia seyal is a tree that grows wild and naturally in arid regions of Somalia, Kenya, Ethiopia, South Sudan and Tanzania. It produces a sap which hardens into a darker natural organic gum. The Gum Arabic produced by Acacia seyal is often referred to as Gum Talha. The gum is 100% Wildly Organic and Wildly Harvested.
The trees of Acacia seyal grow under extreme climatic conditions in Eastern Africa and the Gum Arabic exudate is collected naturally from the stem. The exudate hardens into the Gum Arabic and Nagaad Gums, in collaboration with the local communities, harvests the gum for further processing and sales.
The Gum Arabic from Acacia seyal is a superior product and being edible and soluble in water it is used primarily as a stabilizer in the food industry. The gum also has a wide range of industrial applications such as use in the production of paints, inks, cosmetics, glue, and viscosity control in textile industries.
Acacia seyal is also highly valued for its medicinal properties and used for colds, diarrhoea, haemorrhages, jaundice, headaches and burns. It is even used as an analgesic.
This product is free from any contaminates as analysed by our laboratory facilities. It is 100% organic as the trees grow naturally and wildly.
Pharmaceutical ingredient, food and beverage preservative, food additive, applied to skin to decrease inflammation, and as a pro-biotic to promote good bacteria in the intestines.
Wildly crafted, no preservatives, 100% organic, obtained naturally from the stem of the Acacia seyal tree.
100% pure product from Nagaad Resins and Gums. Processed and packaged in Kenya.
Contraindications & Cautions
- Discuss with your physician before using gums arabica
- Keep out of reach of children
- For internal use please consult your physician
- Not to be used during pregnancy
- Not to be used when breastfeeding
- Avoid diffusing close to babies
- Gums arabica may decrease the effectiveness of some blood thinning drugs
- Gums arabica may decrease the effectiveness of some cholesterol lowering drugs
- For very sensitive skin it is best to dilute in a carrier oil
- The oil is slightly flammable and should be stored in a cool place away from naked flames